|Quiet Water Canoe Guide: New York (2nd ed.)
by John Hayes and Alex Wilson
This completely revised edition of AMC’s best-selling Quiet Water guide — the first new edition in 10 years — reveals more than 100 spectacular ponds, lakes, and rivers ideally suited for canoeing and kayaking. From the Adirondacks to the western plateau and south to Long Island, the waterways described in this updated guide offer access to unique water adventures for beginners and experienced paddlers, birdwatchers and anglers, families with children and active seniors.
Quiet Water Canoe Guide: New York explores a carefully assembled collection of lakes and ponds with close-up nature observations and paddling information. Authors John Hayes and Alex Wilson provide complete how-to and where-to information including:
John Hayes is an avid paddler, naturalist, and professor of biochemistry and environmental science at Marlboro College in Vermont. Alex Wilson has spent five years investigating quiet water for the Appalachian Mountain Club. His three previous volumes covered Maine, New Hampshire/Vermont, and Massachusetts/Connecticut/Rhode Island.
- Descriptions of each lake and pond, with illustrations, photographs, and maps
- An exploration of the natural world in and around water
- Paddling routes and interesting sites
- Local picnicking and camping information
- Detailed driving, parking, and canoe put-in directions
- Safety and equipment tips
- Illustrated in-depth nature essays on selected New York wildlife
6" x 9", 432 pages, maps, photographs, illustrated nature essays