|The Happy Camper
An Essential Guide to Life Outdoors
by Kevin Callan
The Happy Camper is a comprehensive, heavily illustrated, highly entertaining compendium of basic wilderness instruction and well-tested campsite advice. One of North America's top canoeing and outdoors experts, Kevin Callan explains how to get the most from your camping experience--no matter where you pitch your tent, what you forgot to pack or what the weather.
Step-by-step, the book shows:
6 X 9, 320 pages, illustrations
- How to plan a trip for a day or even a few weeks
- How to pack only what is needed
- Choosing the perfect campsite
- Using maps and compasses
- Camp cooking
- Camping with dogs and kids
- Canoe and kayak camping
- Cold-weather camping
- How to beat the bugs, stake a tent, build a fire, ward off unwanted wildlife, paddle a canoe and much more.