|Practical Kayaking - DVD
by The Dolphin' Eye
Before you borrow, rent or buy a kayak watch this video, it might save your life!
A wealth of knowledge from expert kayakers including Shelley Johnson, Vaughan Smith, Ken Fink, and Paul Travis. Other experts include Susan Gennet on weather, Sue Barnes on hypothermia, and Al Johnson on safety.
The short chapters engaging, informative, and cover a wide range of material:
- Self Rescues (including paddle float, and T rescue)
- Preventing and Treating Hypothermia
- Entries, Exits and Paddling Tips
- Selecting the Right Kayak and Equipment
- Encountering Boats and Ships [includes views from bridge of 660' ship]
- Understanding Nautical Charts [anticipate hazards and safe havens]
- Easy Navigation [Plotting courses and dead reckoning]
- Emergency Signaling [includes paddle signal, flares, laser flare, & VHF radio]
- Weather [Learn things that might surprise you]
- Tides and Currents
- Trip Planning
- Before You Launch
- A Good Day of Kayaking
You will find the chapters, short, engaging, and packed with valuable information. The paddle float rescue section includes practice techniques both in and out of the water. A wealth of wisdom from expert kayakers.
Total time 1 Hour 45 minutes
Practical Kayaking has received Video Librarian's 4 star (Highest rating)
Highly Recommended & Editors Choice
"The instructors all share their experience and knowledge in a straightforward fashion… their genuine love and
enthusiasm for both kayaking and safety is evident and infectious. Highly Recommended"