|The Complete Sea Kayaker's Handbook (2nd ed.)
by Shelley Johnson
The first edition of The Complete Sea Kayaker's Handbook received immediate acclaim with its selection as the Best Outdoor Instructional Book by the National Outdoor Book Award group. Now this book boasts 352 pages with changes throughout to reflect the growth of kayaking as a sport.
This book is your first step to adventure on the water, with everything you need to know, from buying a kayak to dressing for the water.
2nd Edition Updates (Jan. 2011) include:
- New photos throughout showing new boats, equipment, stretching, and repair techniques
- A new section on used boats and how to shop for them
- Expanded sections on:
- boat materials section - including the newer laminates;
- buying a new kayak;
- use of GPS for navigation;
- family paddling;
- Planning Your Dream Trip;
- Taking Care of Your Stuff - including more retrofit and repair information on a wider range of boat and paddle material;
- changes in safety technique descriptions reflecting the new equipment on the market
- information on stretching, proper posture in a kayak, and easy modifications to kayak seats for more comfortable paddling
Getting Ready; Kayaks; Accessories and Clothing; Getting to Know Your Kayak; Controlling Your Kayak; Getting Into and Out of the Water; Real Life Paddling; Finding Your Way: Kayak Navigation; Trip Logistics; Group safety; Kayak Camping; Planning Your Dream Trip; Taking Care of Your Stuff.
7-1/2 x 9-1/4, 352 pages, 100 photos