|Kayaking Made Easy, 3rd ed.
by Dennis O. Stuhaug
A generously illustrated handbook for beginners and seasoned paddlers, Kayaking Made Easy is brimming with advice, humor, and personal anecdotes about every aspect of flatwater and sea kayaking. Dennis Stuhaug, an encouraging and enthusiastic instructor, takes a step-by-step approach to introducing kayaking gear, strokes, maneuvers, and the complexities of long-distance navigation.
He'll help you:
- Choose the right hull for your needs
- Outfit your kayak with seat, flotation, spray deck, and other fittings
- Master basic maneuvers, from the sweep stroke to the sculling brace
- Assemble a kayaking wardrobe that's comfortable and affordable
- Safely navigate the hazards of wind, fog, eddies, and rip currents
- Ensure that all your companions, including the kids, have a terrific time
6 x 9, 264 pages