Kayak School and Classes
The premier Kayaking school in the Potomac River area.
For 25 years qualified instructors and guides have shown clients the thrill of whitewater, the beauty of nature and the satisfaction of acquiring new skills.
Outdoor Excursions specializes in providing quality kayak lessons and kayak trips both in whitewater kayaking and touring kayaying in the Washington D.C. Maryland and Virginia areas. Kayaking is a popular sport for all ages and requires no previous experience. We maintain a low student/teacher ratio which enhances student progression. Each class is taught by an experienced paddler who is certfied by the American Canoe Association. This creates a learning environment that is systematic, easy to follow and fun. Outdoor Excursions also offers Rafting in Maryland and Virginia.
- Full Day Sampler: Morning flatwater instruction; afternoon moving water instruction.
- 3 and 5 lessons packages:
- High end video rolling sessions with a 3:1 student to instructor ratio:
- Weekend Package: Two days of instruction; two nights lodging; evening video reviews; lunch; shuttle.
- Paddling Club: Designed for current and past kayak students of Outdoor Excursions for extra paddling time
- Single lessons with low student/instructor ratio
- Private Instruction
- Intermediate and Advanced Clinics on the New, Gauley, Cheat and Upper Yough Rivers
- Video Clinics
- River Rescue Weekends
- Touring Kayaking Lesson Level I & II
- Single, private, and advanced lessons
- Beginning and advanced tours
Click Here to Modify Listing