You Can Learn to Paddle a Touring Kayak
- Touring kayaks are stable and easy to paddle.
- Picture yourself paddling across a glass smooth lake at sunset. Effortlessly, in total sync with nature.
- Kayaking is excellent low impact exercise.
- Kayaks can take you places where there are no roads, phones, radios or clocks.
- Kayaks are easy to transport and reasonably priced.
- There is a kayak made to fit everyone.
A kayak school for beginners
- Our school is specially designed for beginners.
- Classes are limited to eight to allow time for personal instruction.
- Classes last 3-4 hours.
- Kayaks, paddles, and life jackets (pfd's) are included in the price.
- All Equipment is state of the art-Hurricane Kayaks-Heritage Kayaks-Northwater-Bending Branches Paddles.
This is what you'll learn
- How to safely enter and exit a kayak.
- The correct paddle strokes to make the kayak turn, track, and glide.
- How to properly and safely transport and store kayaks.
- The differences in kayak designs, and materials.
- You'll get to try different kayaks and paddles to see what works best for you.
- We'll help you make informed buying decisions for the equipment you need to get started in the sport.
- We'll show you how to find great places to explore near your home.
Cost: $95.00 per person
- You must be signed up a minimum of two days before a class.
- The class fee of $95.00 must be paid in full in order to reserve a class position.
- The fee is not refundable unless you cancel two days before the class.
- We accept credit cards, checks, and money orders.
Intermediate lessons are held throughout the season for those needing to brush up on skills, add some new ones, and learn capsize and re-entry techniques
Private lessons are available by appointment for students wishing to accelerate the learning curve or focus on specific skills.
Our Tours have proven to be very popular and give students an opportunity to relax and enjoy the Land of Falling Waters.
Quiet World Sports is in Jackson, Michigan, located in the south central part of the state. The Indian name for the area means Land of Falling Waters. Four major Michigan rivers have their source in Jackson County, The Grand, Portage, Kalamazoo and Raison.
We are about an hour from Detroit, 90 minutes from Grand Rapids, 90 minutes from Toledo OH and 45 minutes from Lansing.
We meet at our headquarters check in, and then go to one of three launch sites, depending on prevailing winds.
If you wish to stay over in Jackson, we can provide you with campground and motel lists. Also in Jackson is Michigan Speedway, Cascades Park, Waterloo Recreation Area and more golf courses per capita than any place in the state.
Quiet World Sports|
3500 Reynolds Rd
Jackson, MI 49201
Click Here to Modify Listing