Tittabawassee River - Kayak Trip / Canoe Trip
Day Trip Report
April 15, 2012
I finally bought kayaks this year, so I headed out to try them out. I live in Saginaw and didn't want to go far, so the "Tibb" was perfect.
I put in at a boat launch just south of Midland on S. Saginaw Rd. & E. Gordenville / Waldo Rd. (very clean & a lot of parking).
The river is a pretty wide and slow moving river. Heading South it has very few houses ALL the way till the "Tibb" merges with the Saginaw River. I also recorded time at various roads cause I knew I was coming back to this pretty scenery. You can use any map source to find these roads.
- From starting point to Freeland Rd. (boat launch, bars, stores) - took 2hr 15min.
- Freeland Rd. to Tittabawassee Rd. (711 across rd on east side) - 30 min.
- Tittabawassee Rd. to Imerman park (boat launch, picnic areas) - 2hr 30min.
- Imerman park to State st. in Saginaw (restaurant and bar) - 1hr.
- State St. to Drifters bar on Midland rd North of Gratiot Rd.
- Drifters bar to West Michigan rd. park (picnic area) - 1hr.
- Michigan rd. park to Center rd. boat launch - 1hr.
- Center rd. boat to Lee st. boat launch (right in downtown Saginaw) - 2hr 45min.
with these times I can hit the river ANY time of the day and know I can get to point in aloud time. (SWEET). Like I said very few houses, wide 'n slow river & good amount of wildlife. Some over hanging trees, couple deadheads and about 1-3 feet depth the whole way.
none (check Imerman park between Labor/Memorial days)
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
Witz Sport Cases: