Cedar Creek - Kayak Trip / Canoe Trip
Day Trip Report
April 10, 2006
Went out on my first paddle of the year. Put in at Hosler Road bridge. Water was at a moderate level. The weather was warm, but the water was still very cold. My spray skirt came in very handy keeping the water out of the kayak.
Lots of wildlife. Saw deer, barn owl, geese, ducks, and a bunch other birds.
There were 5 difficult spots:
- The first was some rapids right after you put in at the bridge. Staying to the left was the best option.
- Second was a log across the creek, but I was able to slip over it.
- Next was set of rapids behind Meta Park. These rapids were right past the power lines.
- Fourth difficult spot was set of trees that were blocking 95% of the creek; kept to the right and got by them.
- The last difficult spot, and my favorite spot of the whole trip, was the rapids right before the bridge at State Road 1. It is not difficult, but just a great way to end a trip.
I got out at the State Road 1 bridge. This is a great after work trip. It takes about an hour and is an easy paddle. Look forward to seeing some other kayakers out on this spot, it is only 10 minutes from Fort Wayne and I-69.
Easy put in on Hosler Road, and easy take out on State Road 1.
Take I-69 to Dupont exit. Go east until you hit Leo-Cedarville. Can't miss it.
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
PFD Buyers' Guide:
THUNDER BAY & NORTHWEST ONTARIO
Fair winds and fresh water are calling...
How far will you go?