Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

Wilderness Tripping - BWCA & Beyond New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  Crown Land Camping does have fee
  Posted by: kayamedic on Sep-13-10 8:08 AM (EST)

-- Last Updated: Sep-15-10 1:20 PM EST --

for Americans. And sometimes people selling them are darn hard to find.

I went to Service Ontario center in Sturgeon Falls for a Chiniguichi Crown Land Permit and was told to drive back to North Bay as they hadnt gotten any. Aargh.

Just dont be tempted by the above post that mentions free. Its not if you are not a Canadian citizen.

I read the below link and am shaking my head. Always tie your boat at at least two points. I bring mine way out of the water..a hundred feet or so and stash behind some trees. And tie off bow and stern. There is nothing like putting all the tension at one pull off handles or sent a boat pinwheeling.

I had some wild weather on Georgian Bay/French River area this year. GB is very low and those sneak inside passages are solid land or at least not connected by water..Ergo I was forced into the Bay proper.

All of a sudden those two Bustard Island Lighthouses were in front of me. I was still a little northeast of them but so close I went out and had a gander.

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Kayak Sak

Paddling Accessories

PFD's (Life Jackets)

Free Standing Boat Racks


Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us


©2015 Inc.