I thought i would post to gauge the interest of a winter paddle on the current in feburary.. I dont want to camp in sub zero wind chills but if we can get a decent weekend I would prefer to base camp at pulltite and either do a fri.- sunday or a sat -monday type of thing with a short paddle on our last day to get everyone home at a decent hour.. the reason for the base camp idea is ill be delivering a boat and didnt want it to sit unprotected from theft at a remote take out overnights and paddling an empty boat is more fun. For a fat guy anyway. thoughts, dates, weather related info are all encouraged as my ideas slip past me before i have a chance to unload them most of the time ...
1 Canoe/Kayak Trailer
URCHIN Portable Anchor
Cartop Kayak Carriers
|Table of Contents|
|Messages in this Topic|
Farmer's Almanac |
Posted by: pblanc on Jan-22-14 8:34 AM (EST)
I don't know how much stock you place in the long term weather forecasts of the Farmer's Almanac, but they predict the weekend of Feb 14-16 to be mild. Every other weekend in February is predicted to be cold.
Posted by: deuce on Jan-22-14 9:23 AM (EST)
As I've mentioned before several of us always do a multi-day float on an Ozark stream that weekend, but we could probably be easily persuaded to do something like this instead.
Posted by: glendorado on Jan-22-14 10:39 AM (EST)
interested. As Pete said I am looking for a 3-4 day trip south for some paddling.I'm getting sick of the sub zero temps here. Would be nice to have some paddlers who know the river-put ins / take outs / place to stay/camp.
Sad to say...............|
Posted by: thebob.com on Jan-22-14 10:42 AM (EST)
Febuary 14 would not find me there; I have a doctor's appointment that I need to keep. Just about any other days/weekends would work for me.
Posted by: yakjak on Jan-22-14 3:04 PM (EST)
Bob if it were to be that weekend would Saturday to Monday work for you ...15 16 17 th.... Presidents' Day is a holiday for me..Or we could opt for another weekend all together I wouldn't mind either way..
Posted by: thebob.com on Jan-22-14 6:30 PM (EST)
15, 16, 17 of Febuary would work for me; if weather cooperated.
well crap |
Posted by: yakjak on Jan-24-14 5:47 AM (EST)
We were informed tonight that we are going to be working every weekend in February to catch up on a bunch of additional orders that planning has placed on us ...So i am most likely going to be unable to paddle in the Ozarks... nothing here is set in stone though so i will turn the planning over to those that know they can go and ill try to make it if at all possible...the bright side is ill be socking more away in my 401k and that magic day might come a few day sooner....
My buddy is good with anything|
Posted by: deuce on Jan-27-14 4:11 PM (EST)
but has indicated if he had his druthers we'd float camp down from Two Rivers. So, I'm leaning toward Two Rivers to Big Spring 2/15-2/17. I suspect this isn't on many favorite sections lists, but my crew has never done it and I figure this would be the best time of year for it. Anyone so inclined would be welcome to join us for all or part. This is not in ink.