-- Last Updated: Oct-04-13 3:52 PM EST --
Ok - so I talked with Don at Twin Bridges this morning, he is one of the new owners as of 10/15. He said that they will be open all year round and he would love to have us if that is what we decide to do. River is lower then what we typically do, but it is doable. Hammond Camp is closed since it is US Forest Service, you can pass it via the river but can't park there or put in or take out there. So to do The Falls you would have to go from Twin Bridges to Blair which is 15 miles, it can be done but at low water you would want to get on the river earlier then we usually do. Other paddles would be Hebron to Twin Bridges 5 miles, Hales Ford to Twin Bridges 9 miles, Blair to Dawt 8 miles. He said above Twin Bridges is floatable, but it will be lower then what we have done in the Spring. I asked him about camping prices and he said he would do what Jim has done for us in the past which is $ 8.00 per night, per person (normal is $ 12.00, Jim's prices). We'll have to see next Spring what we can work out on camping rates, with all the improvements the new ownership is planning (expanding the RV park, new shower house and new café with bar) I am not sure we'll continue to get that rate. If we do end up there maybe we negotiate for Spring before we leave.
So, we need some more input from other folks on what they want to do and when do we make this decision? I hope like everyone else that the "idiots" in DC get it together and we can still do the Current.
I told Don at Twin Bridges that this would be a last minute decision and that I would let him know.
As a group we have some decisions to make so I hope others will comment.
Free Standing Boat Racks
Gedi Convertible Helmet
Wall Mount Boat Racks
|Table of Contents|