Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

Getting Together & Going Paddling New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  Posted by: wildernesswebb on Sep-04-13 10:43 AM (EST)

The waters with signs that you're familiar with are not "Administered" by the Department of Interior, the National Park Service, are they? While the folks working for Ozark National Scenic Riverways here in MO are good, hard working people, they can only do what Washington Bureaucrats tell them and allow them to do. I could fill a book on the ridiculous things I've seen take place between Washington D.C. and the Riverways over the decades! I betcha the folks that WORK for ONSR could fill several volumes of such a book!

As for "Signs," the only one I've seen added in decades is the new "Private Property" sign in front of a recently built house on the "Protected" upper river. Of course, if you're a government "Big shot," such land deals can be made and you can even have the NPS make you a sign!

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Touring Sprayskirts

Full Size Sail Rig

Paddling Jackets

Cartop Kayak Carriers

First Need Purifier

Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us

Win a Kayak or Canoe

©2014 Inc.