I'm in for a longer trip on the Current or Buffalo with a preference for the Buffalo. However, I do have some scheduling preferences:
1. I would prefer the week before the Rendezvous (either for a longer or shorter down river trip on either the Buffalo or Current)
2. May is out because of conflicts with the Spring Ozark Rendezvous, tickets for the Ballet Trocadero, and my annual Memorial Day float commitments.
3. As for September, last year we did a memorial float for Darryl on the Namekagon in Northern Wisconsin. At that time we talked about making it an annual event. As I recall no decision was reached at that time and I expect it will be discussed at the Spring Rendezvous. Last year that trip was on the second Wednesday in September (the travel day) with the second Thursday in September as the first day on the river.
4. October is a problem because of conflicts with the Fall Ozark Rendezvous (starting 3rd Thursday in October) and my Boys of Fall Canoe trip (in October of odd numbered years but exact date for 2013 not known yet.) Also past experience on a previous Boys of Fall trip is that the Buffalo will not have enough water. On that trip we did the last 50 to 60 miles of the Buffalo to just below the confluence with the White River. We had to drag loaded canoes through ankle deep water for about five miles, with the longest single stretch of dragging being about a mile long. NOT GONNA DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Other than those restrictions I'm free as a bird ... unless gas goes up toward $5 per gallon, then I'd be a wounded bird.
Cartop Kayak Carriers
Gedi Convertible Helmet
Heel and Pegpads™
|Table of Contents|