When you eventually get to the NW, some tips..
- check out my recently released book, "Kayaking Puget Sound, the San Juans, and Gulf Islands" by Mountaineers Books. It'll assist with Vancouver Island, the Strait of Juan de Fuca (part of), etc.
- 2nd book to get - Paddle Routes of the Inland NW, also by Mountaineers Books. it's my inland bible. covers flat and rivers.
back to the I-90..
- Lake Coeur D'alene, Idaho (the town of cda is an active spot, cool town).
- at Moses Lake, WA head north 20m to Dry Falls St Pk - Utah like canyonlands, deep canyons, etc.
- Vantage, WA - paddle up the Columbia through the canyons if the wind is good.
- Yakima, WA - float the class 1 Yakima River Canyon, def worth it.
- when you hit puget sound (end of I-90) give me a holler for a paddle. we surf freigther waves in PSound.
safe travels, RC
Full Size Sail Rig
|Table of Contents|