Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

Fishing from Kayaks and Canoes New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  slim chance we'll be ....
  Posted by: pilotwingz on Feb-04-13 8:21 PM (EST)

...... up there tomorrow .

I think the air temps. will be good and comfortable by noonish moving towards a high of 39F. , and the winds are suppose to be light and variable throughout the afternoon .

Should even be some new fallen snow from overnight this eve. . Probably making a mistake by not going for it tomorrow , should be real pretty with the sun out and shining .

Nephew and I talked about it earlier today , and he's not overly excited thinking it will be very cold and uncomfortable and not even make 34F. by the high of the day , he also believes it will be windy , making for a nasty windchill .

So I agreed with him to call it off and wait another week . Instead we're going to go finish cutting some wood on the table saw ... and then probably go out to BassPro shop .

D , the water temps. at Dickerson are 36F. right now (dropped 4*) , and 39F. at Williamsport (up 2*) ... were did you see 52F. ??

The biggest reason I'm not going to complain and push for the nephew to go after the Walleye up in Washington county tomorrow ... are the water levels . There's still another 3.5' trying to drain out from up around Paw Paw and Hancock , the south fork still has a little draining left to do also . This extra 3' of water still draining out up there would make it tough to put out good presentations , especially since we are also planning to scope out some new stretches up there ... if he wanted to go I'd do it but it would be tough to get on them properly I think . In my mind , we need a bit lower and stabilized levels ... we'd work up to the dams ya know , so too much water over the dam makes for some tough presentation in too fast of water .

Hopefully we'll start next week ...

Hey , best a luck with the new position (job) .

I wouldn't want to run that far upriver going from Whites to Nolands going as slow as you say you will be . To much time running and not enough time for fishing it . My approach when in a canoe is always to launch reasonably close to the area I want to fish . At most work a couple miles up and a couple miles down . But if you just want to basically make the run from White's to Noland's just to check it out and see where you think the hot spots are , then that's an ok plan I guess . I could tell what I think any time you want to know , I've covered it all pretty good quite a few times

In the nephew's Jon we can cover some distance , it's not like a canoe and small motor .

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Kayak/Canoe Ergometer

Shirts / Tops

Electric Kayak Motor

Dry Tops

Rescue / Throw Bags

Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us


©2015 Inc.