Easier than I expected
Posted by: Big_D on Aug-24-11 7:36 PM (EST)
I did it pretty much the way I thought I would and as described above. it went smoothly and I was able to wrap it up in about two and a half hours. I've got the raft fully inflated now. When I started two of three valves leaked. The floor valve leaked both around the valve and through the valve. The front valve leaked through the valve. Now none of the valves test as leaking. No bubbles whatever. I did have to do the floor a second time because it still leaked the first time. Now it doesn't.
I still have a spare new valve and I put the valve wrench into the boat tool kit.
Hopefully tomorrow the boat will still be fully inflated. If so, I'll feel pretty good.
- Big D
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide: