-- Last Updated: Feb-06-14 6:28 AM EST --
if done correctly require the feet/legs to go in first.
1. get the boat up right and pump out as much water as you can
2. blow up the paddle float and attach it to the paddle blade
3.lay the paddle shaft behind the coaming with the long end/paddle float out in the water.(have the shaft under a side safety line
4. with you beside the cockpit facing the rear of the boat, swim/wiggle/squirm yourself up onto the rear deck, with your chest flat against the deck and when your butt is about at the rear of the seat roll yourself over and at the same time put your legs down into the front under the coaming.
(You should be leaning on the paddle shaft/paddle float side while you are going this, or you boat might tip over the opposite side)
5. Finish sliding yourself in
6. Pump the rest of the water out and you are good to go
Touring Kayak Paddles
Recreational Kayak Paddle
|Table of Contents|