Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

2-6 Day Kayaking Trips
San Juan Islands
Camping & Inns
Advice, Suggestions and General Help New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  Whelan style
  Posted by: rblturtle on Jan-23-14 12:14 PM (EST)

The Baker type tent that tapers to the ground without a vertical wall is called a Whelan style. They are simpler to make,easier to set up,lighter,but lack vertical space in the rear. I took my prinitive floorless tent on a summer canoe trip once and bleac flys got in through the gaps.

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Canoe / Kayak Anchors

2-3 Canoe/Kayak Trailer

Touring Sprayskirts

Canoe Roost

Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us


©2014 Inc.