I also paddle in Central NJ very frequently and only know of a couple places that require a ramp maintenance permit. You can buy the permit annually for $15. (a fishing license can be substituted for this) The places that require this permit are listed below.
1. Round Valley Reservoir, Angler Access
2. Assunpink WMA, Assunpink Lake
3. Assunpink WMA, Stone Tavern Lake
4. Assunpink WMA, Rising Sun Lake
5. Dennis Creek WMA, Dennis Creek
6. Tuckahoe WMA, Tuckahoe River
7. Mad Horse Creek WMA, Mad Horse Creek
8. Union Lake WMA, Union Lake
9. Menantico Ponds WMA, Menantico Ponds
10. Prospertown Lake WMA, Prospertown Lake
I don't know of many other places in NJ that require a launch permit. Where were you looking to paddle?
Also, the launch map on this website will sometimes include if there are fees or not for launching.
YakCatcher Rod Holder
|Table of Contents|