Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

Advice, Suggestions and General Help New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  Foreign visitors - exceptions
  Posted by: Mattt on Jul-01-13 8:53 AM (EST)

I didn't spend a lot of time looking, but see below - from the Transport Canada/Marine website

that seems clear enough if a canoe is registered in MN say, and going up to Quetico. I think I've seen something more canoe specific elsewhere, but don't recall where. Possibly this rule gets interpolated for canoes? or not? - it also seems strange to me that the Bowron webpage is mut on throwropes - seems like they could provide more info if it was required.

"Safety Equipment Requirements
Foreign pleasure craft (pleasure craft that are licensed or registered in a country other than Canada) need to comply with equipment requirements of the country in which the vessel is usually kept.

If you are not a resident of Canada and are using a pleasure craft licensed or registered in Canada, all of the required safety equipment must meet Canadian safety requirements. However, you may opt to bring your own PFD for your own personal use.

For more information, consult the Small Vessel Regulations."

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Paddler's Truck Rack

Kayak Sak

Paddling Gloves

Fishing PFD's

First Need Purifier

Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us


©2015 Inc.