Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

Advice, Suggestions and General Help New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  Mattt you are mistaken
  Posted by: kayamedic on Jun-28-13 10:14 AM (EST)

-- Last Updated: Jun-28-13 10:16 AM EST --

I paddle in Canada about a month out of every year.

ALL craft must have a throw rope, signalling device, PFD bailer.

The rules are written by Transport Canada which is federal, not provincial. They DO apply to US watercraft and paddlers, so I don't know where you found your information. Perhaps if is from overgeneralizing the PFD information. As a Foreigner paddling my own craft from a foreigh country I may use my non Canada Transport of CCG certifiec PFD. Look at this link under Labels

If you are on an outfitted trip from a Canadian outfitter you must , however use a CCG approved PFD.

Canisters are a good idea. While you must camp at designated campsites with food lockers, there are portages and bears have opportunity with unattended food there.

It was beautiful and pretty bug free last August but bug jackets are always a good idea.

Again I will cite the Bowron Lakes brochure that has all the rules for canoe camping. Some are not noticing it.

Unfortunately the link needs to be copied and pasted

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Kayak Seats

Touring Sprayskirts


Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us


©2015 Inc.