Posted by: t.george on Apr-07-13 8:00 PM (EST)
Mine leaked terrible, the dealer ended up getting a "factiry retrofit kit", which amounted to a couple of 1/8" or so foam sheets that fit to the underside of the hatches to improve the seal. I glued them in so I wouldn't lose them. They don't cure the leaking, but lessened it considerably. I also found my bulkheads not to be fully sealed, used 3m 5200 "fast cure",(not the regular that takes 72hrs. to dry). Now the hatches stay only a lttle wet inside. One other thing for playing in the surf or rough water I did was to secure two lines to the perimeter lines that have a buckle at the center of the rear hatch, this creates an X over the hatch & now prevents it getting imploded or blown by a big wave & also helps the seal.
All the best, tOM
Deck Rigging Gear
Kayak Motor Kit