-- Last Updated: Mar-20-13 1:51 AM EST --
Went to go check it out today - From the looks of it - it needs alot of TLC...
Pictures can be seen here:
The good news:
- Deck looks ok - no soft spots - just really faded
- After rubbing my hands all over the kayak - no signs of dust on hands
Not so good news:
- No stickers/etches/plates to indicate manufactuer/make/model/serial
- Hull area underneath cockpit area felt kinda soft/flexible
- A few deep scratches found in hull
- A possible crack (3") found on hull underneath cockpit area
- Hull looks like it was "touched up" numerous times - might just be cosmetic?
- Interior of cockpit was painted so not possible to inspect the fiberglass from that side
- Looks like it has been stored outside for quite a while
- Missing bow hatch deck plate
- No thigh hooks
- No bulk heads - no signs that they ever existed
- No foot braces - no signs they were ever mounted
- No real seat & no backband - Seats usually mount to the combing?
16' 9" overall length
11.5" height (mid section of cockpit rim)
Hull is soft chine
The Masik area is angular
The angular masik area along with lack of bulk heads and foot braces might be possible indicators that this kayak may be an early interpretation of the Igdlorssuit? - Pre Anas Acuta?
Any guesses on the make/model of this kayak?
Seems like it might be fun to try to restore this kayak/ modernize it (ie putting in bulk heads) - but not sure it would be worth it? -- For $500 more I could get a well cared for P&H Orion http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/spo/3656716458.html
Kinda wonder if the flex/softness of the hull area under the cockpit area is from sitting directly on it? - if so any leads or suggestions on where to get a proper seat bracket for this kayak?
Thank you all again!
Cartop Kayak Carriers
URCHIN Portable Anchor
Kayak Deck Gear Bags
|Table of Contents|