Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile

Advice, Suggestions and General Help New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  HA !
  Posted by: seakayaking on Feb-06-13 4:45 PM (EST)

not one post from a canuk !
or just go to transport canada for the regs . Simpl carry a signaling device-white light visible for a mile , yer whistle, a bailer or bilge pump , 15 meters or more of buoyant line , and 6 flares if the yak is over 8 meters other than smoke .
I cross over every spring , back in sept. Have never had a problem w/yaks , just the van ,lol . 9 out of 10 times hasseled coming back into the states , nothing paddling related , I'm native looking w/hair down in braids so they assume I'm smuggling cigs and dope . But I don't get hasseled goin into can. just guilty by the way I look in amerikkka .
They've stopped hasseling americans without a vhf operators license . All my boats are beat up , but if they weren't I'd make sure I had some kind of documentation stating they're owned in the states , your insurance co. might do that for ya .

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Kayak/Canoe Ergometer

Kayak Seats

First Need Purifier


Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us


©2015 Inc.