Something that might help is practicing slightly differently.
1. Turn over and count to 10 before starting to roll. This kills all the momentum that might be helping you roll.
2. Capsize both ways (toward your set-up side and away from your set-up side
3. Capsize without setting up (holding your paddle in kind of a mid-stroke position)
4. Set-up, capsize, switch set-up side underwater, then roll up.
5. Paddle forward at normal (or slightly faster) speed and then on a suprise signal from a paddling partner throw yourself into a capsize. Forces pushing you around can be quite suprising.
PFD's (Life Jackets)
Electric Kayak Motor
Deck Rigging Gear
|Table of Contents|