-- Last Updated: Jan-14-13 2:04 PM EST --
I use several apps on my iPhone for paddling including:
Navionics US and Canada charts
- excellent charting program that contains charts for oceans and lakes. Invaluable when trip planning. This is a pay app -- I think it was around $20 but is an incredible value considering what you get.
Google Earth (free)
- awesome for trip planning -- especially when you're looking for a good beach to stop at.
- standard tide information.
- a free app that allows me to know what ships and commercial vessels are in a specific area.
- a free app that shows planets and stars -- very cool as it moves as you turn giving real time locations of celestial objects. Nice to have while in a campsite after dark.
- instructions for all kinds of knot tying.
Peterson Birds of North America (around $15)
- an excellent resource if you're into identifying birds.
I know there are a few more on my phone that I use but the above are the ones that I reference most often for paddling purposes.
We had a similar discussion on WestCoastPaddler a while back -- you might find more interesting info there:
Hope this helps.
Overstock Outlet Foods
|Table of Contents|