1) Position the bag in the cockpit, extending from the front bulkhead toward the seat.
2) Mark padeye lash-points corresponding to those on bag on the inside hull on either side plus center front & back. Better to have too many than too few; you can always skip a set of padeyes. Be careful not to position the padeyes where your heels point in from the footpegs, and not too close to the sides where they can interfere with your legs.
3) Glue padeyes at lash-points plus center front & rear with G-Flex. Position the padeyes longitudinally at the sides (parallel with side seam of kayak) and front & rear center padeyes laterally (perpendicular to side seam).
4) Starting with the center padeye near the bulkhead, run 1/4" bungee cord side to side through padeyes & over bag in a diamond pattern. Skip the front center padeye. Position the knot(s) near the bulkhead, as 1/4" knots can impinge on your feet/legs, especially in a narrow or low-profile boat.
5) Weave a non-stretchy strap or rope front to back loosely through the bungees where they cross in the middle so you can grab & lift the bungees all together to slide the bag in or out.
6) Attach a strap or cord with hook to front center padeye, to attach to first bungee crossover once the bag is in place, to prevent the bag from sliding forward (toward the seat).
URCHIN Portable Anchor
Canoe / Kayak Anchors
|Table of Contents|