I don't know why people say that about K
Posted by: Kocho on Nov-13-12 3:41 PM (EST)
Working with Kevlar, so far, from the limited work I've done on paddle repair/build and some hull patches, has not been that much different than working with fiberglass.
The only critical difference for me was that sanding Kevlar is tricky and you want to avoid that if possible as it takes a lot of care, good sand paper, and a few extra coats of epoxy to get rid of fuzziness (where with fiberglass or carbon you just sand right through it for a good shine, no additional coats needed to clear any fuzz).
Of course, Kevlar is a bit harder to discern if it is well wetted with epoxy as it does not become clear and disappear like fibervlass does. But that is a secondary consideration to me...
Neither is it any more difficult to cut or shape than fiberglass...
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
- Think Surfski - drbooda - Nov-11-12 10:37 PM
- Ski info - drjay9051 - Nov-12-12 5:24 AM
- Don't Know - clydehedlund - Nov-13-12 6:01 AM
- I don't know why people say that about K - Kocho - Nov-13-12 3:41 PM
- Serial #/Year - WaterMark - Nov-13-12 12:05 PM