ndk vs tiderace
Posted by: nickjc on Oct-08-12 5:15 PM (EST)
The TR build quality and fit is better than any of the ndk boats. The paddler position is also much more efficient in the Tiderace boats. The only reason to get a NDK boat is there are cheap used ones around (because everyone bought TR boats) and the extra 10 lbs of gel coat means less repairs from rocks. I have 3 friends with Xtras, and a bunch more with Xcites. They all love them. One of them is a tiderace rep and instructor and the Xtra is his boat of choice for teaching.
I traded my Tiderace Xplore-l for a Explorer HV one day on a paddle and I could only take about 45 mins of the explorer.
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
- Explorer HV Fit - Willster - Oct-06-12 9:57 PM
- re: HV - NewbTastic - Oct-06-12 10:15 PM
- HV and Romany S - scott_f - Oct-07-12 3:28 AM
- Foam - aamapes - Oct-07-12 9:09 PM
- Sterling Kayak - hodtay - Oct-07-12 9:46 PM
- hmm - rusty125 - Oct-07-12 10:36 PM
- ndk vs tiderace - nickjc - Oct-08-12 5:15 PM