HV and Romany S
Posted by: scott_f on Oct-07-12 3:28 AM (EST)
I am 6'5" with only a 32" inseam (tall torso) with size 14 feet and weigh 225 pounds. I have both an Explorer HV and Romany S. They fit very similarly except that the Romany S has a wider keyhole. I removed the foot rails from both boats and just use a little minicell foam on the bulkhead and a bit more foam behind the seat instead of a backband. I use the Romany S almost exclusivly now as it's just more fun to paddle.
These two boats fit me better than anything I've ever tried. I really like the keyhole cockpits and knee bumps. It feels very secure when getting tossed around in surf. I have friends who have sometimes gotten sucked out of their boats in a tide race or surf, but I have such great thigh contact in these boats this has never happened.
I tried the Etain as well, but also found it too 'volumy' especially around the front deck. I also didn't like the lack of a solid secondary stability, but this may be a factor of my torso height as others have said otherwise.
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
- Explorer HV Fit - Willster - Oct-06-12 9:57 PM
- re: HV - NewbTastic - Oct-06-12 10:15 PM
- HV and Romany S - scott_f - Oct-07-12 3:28 AM
- Foam - aamapes - Oct-07-12 9:09 PM
- Sterling Kayak - hodtay - Oct-07-12 9:46 PM
- hmm - rusty125 - Oct-07-12 10:36 PM
- ndk vs tiderace - nickjc - Oct-08-12 5:15 PM