Your #1 source for kayaking and canoeing information.               FREE Newsletter!
my Profile


FREE SHIPPING on all canoes until May 14
See for great reviews
Advice, Suggestions and General Help New Topic Printer Friendly Version

  the term "rake" is often related to ....
  Posted by: pilotwingz on Oct-03-12 7:44 PM (EST)

..... a slant off of the level in some fashion . When an old Coup is hot rodded the rear is often set up higher than the front , hence it said to have a pleasing looking rake . The facia boards that trim a roof line on the gable end (shows pitch of roof) are refered to as rake boards .

So I don't know exactly how the term relates to a kayak , but It probably is in a similar manner to do with asthetics and looks .

 Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:

Paddle Floats

See Bags

Kong Cable


Canoe Roost

Table of Contents


Follow us on:
Free Newsletter | About Us | Site Map | Advertising Info | Contact Us

©2014 Inc.
Educational DVDs Shirt Sale