Posted by: old_user on Oct-03-12 5:52 PM (EST)
This is what I would have, if I ran a higher-end kayak company:
- Expedition/'serious touring' boat
- Transitional boat (14-footer, lightweight)
- Play/surf boat
- 'Fast expedition' boat/ski-inspired sea kayak (like the Taran or Pace)
- Greenland boat (low-volume, super-easy roller, traditional lines)
- SOT/fishing boat (hey, they sell)
Would have everything in at least a regular and LV versions, and there'd be a rotomold version for everything (i.e. cheap) as well.
The SOT, play/surf and transitional boats obviously would be rotomold-only.
The most popular lines would probably get 3 or even 4 sizes, as Tiderace and Valley have done with a few of their boats.
I wind up about a couple dozen different boats under this set-up. Oh well, no worse than P&H/Venture. =]
|Table of Contents|