Tough choices Posted by: mr_canoehead on Apr-14-12 8:19 PM (EST)
1. All around. "If you could only have 1 canoe"
Clipper Prospector 17 Duraflex
2. Big lakes (long distances over open water, possibly large waves, heavy loads, a week of gear)
Souris River Prospector 17
Wenonah Spirit II
3. Casual recreational canoeing (slow rivers, small/medium lakes, day trips)
Any of the above, or Souris River/Hellman Quetico
4. White water (maybe class 2 or 3? also decent on the flat stretches)
Either boat from #1
5. Other? if I forgot something pipe up.
Clipper Mackenzie/Old Town Tripper XL (best for no-portage trips, really long trips, trips with kids)
Pak-Boat 17 (most portable - best for fly-in trips)
Wenonah Minnesota II (best "fast" tripping canoe)
Novacraft Prospector sp3 (best really cheap canoe)
©2013 Paddling.net Inc.