Posted by: walli on May-10-12 8:27 AM (EST)
wd 40 does have it's shortcomings though they are few,one of the precautions that most dont take is that the walls of the magazine tube in your weapon should not be "sweating" of lubricant. it will,at the worst possible time cause a problem. a good wipethru with a mop will take out the excess. personal favs. for this situation are Ballistol or Lehigh/Shenandoah Valley Lube. they are "carrier" lubes and leave a residue that doesn't run.
My "rainyday" win 94 trapper gets a liberal coat of LV lube inside and out,stand it in a corner to dry (muzzle down) for 1 day and you're good to go.
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
- WD40 - terrellfamily8 - May-09-12 12:49 PM
- WD-40 - cliffjacobson - May-09-12 10:38 PM
- WD40 - terrellfamily8 - May-10-12 1:34 AM
- Run a patch - cliffjacobson - May-09-12 10:48 PM
- wd40 - walli - May-10-12 8:27 AM