Posted by: old_user on Sep-02-09 10:29 AM (EST)
Most of my paddling companions find pogies not so useful as they limit your hands to one position on the paddle.
While I can't answer for folks with specific cold resistance problems (Raynaud's in the other post), I've found neoprene mittens (NRS in my case) to be toasty warm both paddling and rolling in as cold as 10 degrees F with a good wind and 32F water.
Great Products from the Buyers' Guide:
- paddling gloves - old_user - Sep-02-09 10:10 AM
- gloves - old_user - Sep-02-09 10:29 AM
- Gloves - old_user - Sep-02-09 11:15 AM
- neoprene mitts - old_user - Sep-03-09 5:10 PM
- gloves - old_user - Sep-09-09 10:51 AM
- Pogies - wavetamer - Nov-04-09 10:24 AM
- gloves - wavetamer - Sep-02-09 11:09 AM
- gloves - wavetamer - Jan-06-10 2:20 AM