Posted by: old_user on Sep-27-06 6:46 PM (EST)
We keep fresh foods for 5 - 7 days by doing the following:
1. We place a soft side cooler inside our larger plastic cooler. Inside this cooler is 2-3 1/2 gallons of frozen OJ and 1-2 containers of ice frozen in 1/2 gallon milk bottles.
2. We put the cooler in a freezer and layer food to be frozen in the bottom, starting with the last meal to eat. This way the food is soft when it goes in and can conform to whatever is underneath it before it freezes.
3. Keep the first day's meal unfrozen and place the 2nd day's meal frozen on the top of the cooler to keep the whole cooler cold.
4. As you remove fresh food and the frozen items defrost, move the frozen OK to the main compartment to keep everything cool. One OJ container keeps food cool for 1 -2 days depending on the outside temperature.
5. Only the person who packed the cooler can open it to retrieve items. This minimizes the time searching for items and keeping the top open.
Rescue / Throw Bags
Touring Kayak Paddles
Pull-Up Strap Handle Kit
|Table of Contents|
|Messages in this Topic|
Posted by: old_user on Sep-29-06 10:11 AM (EST)
Great information. I especially like the last point.
Posted by: datakoll on Sep-29-06 3:47 PM (EST)