Length: Approximately 38.0 miles.
Edisto North Fork Blueway (SC)
Waterways: Edisto River
Camping: No Camping
This section of the Edisto River offers challenges for the experienced paddlers, but can be navigated by the less experienced if accompanied by at least one experienced paddler. Although, itís been said, "If you can paddle this section, you can paddle just about any river." There are many twists and turns, narrow passage, low trees, and when the water is low, some portage over downed logs.
You may see an abundance of wildlife, but very few signs of civilization until you reach the limits of Orangeburg; one exception being the presence of aircraft from the North Airbase. There are picnic facilities at some landings and a gazebo type stop at Edisto Memorial Gardens. Insect repellant is recommended during the warm months.
Website: SC Trails
Map of the Trail: http://sctrails.net/ (or scroll to bottom)
1107 State Street
Cayce, SC 29033
Mileage and GPS coordinates are approximate and for reference only.
- Mile 0 - Pooleís Mill Landing - (GPS 33.6515 N 81.1853 W) - From Orangeburg, drive northwest on US 178 to the county line and turn left onto SC 3. The landing is .4 mile at the bridge.
- Mile 6.8 - Jones Bridge Landing - (GPS 33.6069 N 81.1355 W) - From Orangeburg, drive northwest on US 178. Pass through North and turn left onto SC 394. The landing is approximately 2 miles at the bridge.
- Mile 10.2 - Carsons Park - (GPS 33.5910 N 81.1052 W) - From Orangeburg, drive northwest on US 178 to North and turn left onto US 321. Carsonís Park is approximately 2 miles on the left.
- Mile 17.4 - Slab Landing -(GPS 33.5768 N 81.0385 W) - From Orangeburg, drive northwest on US 178. Pass through the community of Wolfton, continue for 1.7 miles, and turn left onto Orangeburg County S≠38≠97. Drive to the end of S≠38≠97 and turn left onto S≠38≠37. The landing is approximately .5 mile at the bridge.
- Mile 28.6 - Baughmans Landing - (GPS 33.5255 N 80.9472 W) - From Orangeburg, drive northwest on US 178. Drive approximately 4 miles and turn left onto S≠38≠74. The landing is approximately 2.3 miles at the bridge.
- Mile 38 - Glover Street Landing - (GPS 33.4779 N 80.8747 W) - Downtown Orangeburg at the bridge on US 301/601.