Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > GTX Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for GTX Kayak by Dagger

04-28-2004
Submitted by: xboltedSend Email

Good river running boat. It is very comfortable for me (6'1", 32 inseam, size 12's, 185 lbs). It is stable and is a fairly fast boat. The only negative is that to me the bow is a little too narrow at the end. It is therefore not that good a surfer for me. If I want to cruise in comfort down the local run, this boat does it for me!

11-18-2002
Submitted by: Russ PeckSend Email

I love this boat. I bought it brand new the first of this year (2002). I'm 6' 195 lbs and it fits me perfect. It has great primary stability. It's not as easy to roll as some boats, like my other boat,a Perception Supersonic, but I have no problems rolling it. It's very edgy. Several times I've spent all day in this boat and as big as I am, it fits me just right. I really like this boat and I would recommend it for anybody about my size. I like the big foot rests. I've surfed it on the Colorado river and mainly run class II big rapids with it. I call it the F-16 of the whitewater world. You won't be disappointed with this boat.

09-10-2002
Submitted by: CTCSend Email

I am a brand new paddler. I've been in this sport less than a month and I am already trying to clear the schedule so I can get some time in on the water. I took classes at NOC and paddled my GTX there and loved it. They use the GT/GTX and Sonic/Supersonic as their training kayaks. I am writing this review for all of us beginners who are timid about shelling out a $1000 bucks for a boat. Let me tell you that the GTX (and the GT - which my wife bought) is well worth it. From a beginner's perspective, you will be pretty comfortable. The adjustments are sufficient to suit just about anyone and Dagger gives you extra foam to get you started (you will probably need some more to really get a great fit). This boat was fairly easy to roll and great to learn in. The back band is pretty aggrevating and I bought a IR Wankle to replace it. All around, this is a fun and forgiving boat that any beginner should feel comfortable in. For all the playboating qualities, see someone else's review because I'm not quite at that level - yet!

07-24-2002
Submitted by: Mic

Bought a GTX as a big water boat for me and a learning boat for my fiancÚ'. My other boat is a Perception Method Air. Outfitting: The seat and footrest is top notch. The thigh hooks are not as comfortable as the thigh masters of Perception. I needed to add a lot of foam to outfit it (still have to add knee block and thigh risers to it). I am 5'8" and 160 pounds. It is a big boat.

Performance: Great hull speed to catch a wave. Surfs as long as you want it to. Bow stay above the water on almost any wave, until you want to drive it into the green water and ender. Carves very well and flat spins like a play boat. This will be the boat for me on any first runs or big water. I kind of think o fit as a creek boat with a flat planning hull and play potential. May well be the end to the RPM. (By the way my FiancÚ' claims it as hers so I may not get a lot of time in it). Would be a 10 if thigh braces fit better.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!