Research Kayaks in the Buyers' Guide!
Select Kayak to View in Buyers' Guide
* Cockpit is slightly different shape, notably lower, so it's hard to get knees inside with legs apart.
* No black plastic edging on cockpit, which is probably a plus, that stuff was loose and I had to secure it. Instead Fiesta has a wide molded lip.
* No drain hole, as stated by others, but that's an easy fix.
* Padded seat plus second adjustment strap, could be nicer than Swifty, dunno, haven't floated it yet.
* No cup holder molded into seat, but no biggie.
* Nominally 2 lbs lighter, perhaps a bit thinner plastic? (36 vs 38 lb)
By the way I bought some "1/2 inch" U bolts and put them on various places on the Swifty, and will do the same on the Fiesta. Especially at both ends just inboard of the handles -- requires pulling styrofoam and crawling inside -- but these are very handy clip points for carabiners for tying down, dragging the boat, etc.
120,000+ people can't be wrong!
The Paddling.net Newsletter is a must if you like to canoe or kayak! Each week it is packed with great articles, photos, product reviews, and special features. Better yet, we promise not to sell your email address to anyone; that's right ZERO spam! Sign up today and find out what you've been missing!