Product Reviews > Accessories > Aqua-Bound Shred WW kayak paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Aqua-Bound Shred WW kayak paddle

Rated: 7.6/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

Aqua-Bound Logo
See Products from Aqua-Bound in the Buyers' Guide!
Aqua-Bound in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Touring Kayak Paddles
  • Recreational Kayak Paddle
  • SUP paddles

11-14-2012

I just snapped my second carbon shred paddle, but this one was clearly a manufacturers defect. I was sidesurfing and caught an edge and snapped the blade right off with a hard brace. There were air pockets in the plastic where the blade went into the shaft, and AquaBound customer service was incredible! I took a few pics, sent it to them, and they immediately made me a new paddle, citing that it was definitely a manufacturers defect in the molding process.

07-22-2008
Submitted by: BDBSend Email

After 2 years of use I developed a bend where the aluminum shaft met the abx blade. I purchased the same paddle with the carbon twill shaft and the second time out, snapped the abx blade about 6" from the end. I returned it to the local shop where they gave me a new paddle, no questions asked. The 4th time out, the shaft split where it meets the blade and the blade fell off. Granted, the wave I paddle in has shallow spots where the blade scrapes bottom, but it never got lodged between two rocks. For a whitewater paddle, I didn't think it held up very well.

07-01-2008
Submitted by: Notice

---------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:
Aqua-Bound changed ownership the summer of 2008 and bought the production of their paddles to the United States. Significant paddle quality improvements have been made with the new ownership and customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

09-06-2005
Submitted by: JustinSend Email

I've had my shred for about 3 months and have used it countless times. I got it used for about $70 so it was a great price. I've had no complaints with it yet.

07-02-2002

This is a fiberglass-shafted paddle that I use in the surf. I have only had it 3 months and used it maybe 12 times. At no time has it come in contact with the sea floor. Now one of the blades is separating from the shaft. This is the second Aquabound paddle that has had catastrophic failure. If they and their dealer provided customer service than I wouldn't be so disappointed.