Product Reviews > Canoes > Blue Hole > Sunburst Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sunburst Canoe by Blue Hole

Rated: 7.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

12-15-2005

I have a Sunburst II model. I bought this boat for white water river tripping and outfitted it with a seat rather than saddle. This boat does what I expected it to do. Reasonably maneuverable, and tracks reasonably as well. A good compromise between something that can be played in and something that can go the distance too. I have little to compare this boat against but I'm satisfied with it.

07-08-2005

Being a rather inexperienced paddler I don't know how much use this is going to be for some of you. I found this boat to be lots of fun and fairly easy to surf and great to play in. Really fun to side surf and depending on the outfitting it can be pretty wet. Overall I'm having a great time with it.

02-05-2005

It's been a long time since I've paddled mine, so let's see... I agree with the other guy, it is a pretty wet boat by nature. It is a docile boat, and will let you do what you can. I'm a big guy, so the boat and I fit pretty well. Could roll it if you wanted to. Also you could roll your boat into or away from wave, rock, tree, quite nicely and hold the angle really just leaning a bit on your paddle. Pretty low initial stability but very controllable to the edge secondary stability. Takes a beating. I pitoned something on the lower Gauley and twisted the boat a few inches like a rope, had significant dents and bumps over its lifetime, and the boat didn't care one bit. But, as long as it isn't TOO twitchy, I'd rather have a more nimble boat. I give it an eight because it gets you down the river, lets you play, and does so day after day.

06-24-2002

This boat is a great mild white water boat. It tends to be a bit wet in class II rapids but is very good for sharp eddy turns. Stability is very comfortable for the beginner to intermediate paddler. Overall it is a very good boat overall river boat. It is easy to paddle straight in the pools and especially in wind. When you hit the mild rapids (class II) you will have a good time in the waves and can surf easily. I would'nt recommend a tandem setup thought. Have fun!