Product Reviews > Kayaks > Mainstream Kayak > Sneak Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sneak Kayak by Mainstream Kayak

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

04-28-2003

Roomy and easy to turn. Very stable and weathered the jetski and boat wakes very nicely. Light enough to be easily carried by one person. I love it!

04-21-2003

We have an Ocean Kayak called a Drifter and like it very much. Great handling for a beginner and good comfort for a sit on top.

04-17-2003
Submitted by: pvigSend Email

I got a Sneak and it's easy to paddle, turns well, clears waves, works well with the wind, not too heavy, a good value and roomy. I feel the seat back could be a little more forward. Hence the 9.

08-14-2002
Submitted by: JPNSend Email

I'm a beginner, but this kayak is easy to handle. Compared to the other people that I am curently kayaking with its fast and really stable. I does seem to turn slow but what do I know. The only problem I've had with the boat is that I ordered a Tan and Blue camo design shown in the catalog, and got a tri-color jungle camo. I was told that the Tan and Blue isn't being made. That was a disapointment. Other than the color, I have no complaints.

08-08-2002

Good buy for the price,a little slow on turning but makes up for it with speed and comfort. I live on s.e. texas river, I hunt, fish and tour the river in it.

05-28-2002
Submitted by: Fort Ancient

I just purchased this kayak and could not find any reviews on it's performance before I bought it. I am glad however that I did. Being a novice I can appreciate the extra width which provides stability. I have stood up on several occasions in it and it has yet to flip. The length is not extremely large but not small either. I really enjoy the 48" cockpit which provides plenty of room for my fairly large frame. It is so roomy I can lay my legs and feet out and kick back and relax. Plenty of room for gear in the rear sealed storage hatch.

I purchased a camo model this is a duck hunting and fishing machine with enough storage for guns, ammo, decoys, or gear for a few day trip. This thing tracks extremely well. An little slow on turning but it is a 12 foot boat. I am sure the performance would be better if I had a better paddle.

I would give it a 10 if it were not for the fcat that there is a basin surrounding the cockpit that will catch and hold a little more water than I think it should. To elevate or slope this area would help interms of putting on the spray skirt. Overall I am very happy with it however.