Product Reviews > Kayaks > Northwest Kayaks, Inc. > Sportee Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Sportee Kayak by Northwest Kayaks, Inc.

05-09-2012
Submitted by: MariaSend Email

My daughter gave me her Sportee kayak last year as she wasn't using it much in the Seattle area. We live on a lake, so it was the logical place for it. After trying several different kayaks belonging to friends who are avid kayakers, I was thrilled with the Sportee. It glides through lake water with absolutely no effort. I have bursitis in one shoulder, so my paddling depth is restricted, yet I can still go as fast and smoothly as anyone with whom I'm kayaking. This is the perfect kayak for my needs.

05-07-2002

I have a Sportee Fiberglass. Fun boat for exploring small inlets and narrow channel on rivers and bays. One of it chief design is for surfing the waves. However I'm not experance enough to try that. The boat turns beautifuly but tracking straight takes some work. Very good intial stability though. Because of its size, the boat is slow. So if you are paddling with other folks with longer boats, you will have to work harder to keep up. However with all that said, its a fun boat for a beginner or for someone who maybe more advance that plans to use it in the surf.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: