Product Reviews > Accessories > NSI Anatomic Backband Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NSI Anatomic Backband

Research Boat Accessories / Boat Outfitting in the Buyers' Guide!

04-10-2007
Submitted by: Matthew BlakeSend Email

I have one of these in my Pygmy Osprey rear set (it's a triple) after market installed and one in my Seda Ikkuma (factory supplied). Both are excellent, easy to adjust, excellent lower back support, but you can still "lay back" if you try. They are more comfortable than 95% of the about 15 kayaks I've paddled.

07-24-2003

I'm a kayker with a bad back, and a bunch of other stuff that comes with 30 yrs worth of construction. So what, you say! Well I upgrade my boat's minimal back with the NSI, tall version with the adjustable back plundger. This is a nice upgrade. It offers good support and comfort. I know that a bac bands function is to keep you from sliding of the back osf your seat, but some of us need a little more help, and this unit delivers period. It' fully andjustable, and easy to install. The only problem, is that NSI didn't use stainless steel fittinddgs, sme one must keep them lubed up, or they will rest. Otherwise, it would be an easy 10!

04-25-2002

I had been suffering with the Rapid Pulse seat/backband combo that came with my QCC500X, but decided to help my old aching back after reading a positive review of the NSI in Sea Kayaker. While the Rapid Pulse allowed my back to form a "C", the NSI supports from the small of the back without pinching your sides. Why a 9? If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the model without the lumbar plunger - it is superfluous.

Sea Specs: