Product Reviews > Accessories > Garmin eMAP Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Garmin eMAP

Rated: 8.67/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research Electronics in the Buyers' Guide!

07-07-2004

my first gps..love it. has served me well on many geocaches and treks. the cd that comes with it is extremely accurate and detailed. well worth the $$$

03-21-2002

I have owned an eMap for two years now. Drawbacks for canoeists: it's not waterproof and does not float. I overcome this by placing it in a baggy along with some type of flotation such as an empty plastic bottle (an empty contact lens solution bottle works nicely). This year I purchased a high-end float envelope for it, but have yet to see if that will work any better than a baggy. One advantage is that it has grommets for attaching to the thwarts of the canoe. Overall, the eMap GPS is a great unit. I also use it for cycling, hiking, geocaching, and driving. The large display makes it better than other units, to my way of thinking.

01-08-2002

GPS system works very well. Purchased map CD and easily downloaded to eMAP through PC. Now I know where I am. Gives a tremendous amount of information in a very small package. Can be put into a waterproof bag and duct taped to kayak deck.