Product Reviews > Kayaks > Wave Sport, Inc. > Super EZ Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Super EZ Kayak by Wave Sport, Inc.

Rated: 9.86/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

10-21-2003
Submitted by: dkSend Email

The only negative of this boat is that it is slow and hard to roll(but if you can consistantly roll this hog you will have a bomber roll). Other than that I really enjoy the fit and quickness of the boat.

06-04-2003

The ultimate playboat for FAT GUYS! It was my first kayak purchase after transitioning from an OC-1 and at 6'3" and 225lbs; I found it to be both comfortable and responsive. I've used it on the river, the coast and in the creeks and will buy another as soon as I can wear this one out!

02-06-2003
Submitted by: Sean McKinnonSend Email

This boat ROCKS! Wavesport really did their homework on this one. I have been kayaking for two years now and this is my third boat. The first was a Score and it was too quirkey. The second was a Godzilla, a fantastic boat with very limited playability. And now the Super EZ. This IS the most comfortable boat I have ever sat in. I am 6'3" with 35" inseam and size 14 feet weighing in at a nimble 235lbs. HAHA. I can now surf all day long in comfort. All of the tricks are within reach and limited only by my skills, but I am learning. This boat rolls easily but requires solid form with no cheating or rushing. The FAT II outfitting is awesome except for the adjustable footwell. When pulled rearward it tends to jiggle side to side. So I just moved the seat forward and left the footwell all the way up in the nose of the boat. This should help with the bow stalls! The cokpit opening is soo large that only one skirt will fit. No problem though because it is really easy getting in and out with such a large opening. This boat is a Best-Buy, even more so now that Waveport lowered the price to $849. Nobody is even close with all the other new baots running over $1000!

09-20-2002
Submitted by: BenSend Email

I am a 6'4 225lb. WW paddler who just got finished with a week on the ottowa river with the liquid skills folks (best school ever...seriously the best). Ken Whiting noticed my size and my discomfort in smaller boats and suggested that I try the super ez... what a difference a boat can make. I have never been so comfortable in such a small boat for long paddle trips in falt and whitewater. Watching ken (who is also a larger paddler) throw his super ez around in the whitewater was amazing and inspirational... this sport is not just for midgets anymore, with the super ez it's great to see the big guys muscling through the hurly burly.

06-21-2002

In unison with all the other positive reviews, I too LOVE this boat. I am 6'1 220lbs and this is the most comfortable boat that I have EVER sat in. I have size 14 feet so that limits my ability to squeeze into smaller play boats. I can stern squirt this thing no problem. Still working on bow stalling, but it's probably lack of proper technique that preventing me from getting it down more than the boat itself. This thing surfs like a champ and rolls like a gymnast. I just love the outfitting in this thing - I feel like I am in my recliner on the river. I have had this thing in class IV water and it sails right through the rapids. The only draw back is that it just isn't as quick as some of the other down river/play boat combinations. But hey no sweat there..I will take comfort over speed any day. I just can't stop talking about this boat. Thanks WAVE SPORT!!

01-15-2002
Submitted by: ThomasSend Email

I have not yet bought or even paddled this boat YET but its the first river runner/playboat i have been able to fit in i am 6'2" and about 315 and i am comfortable way to go wave sport!

11-27-2001

A Big Persons playboat!! Finally!! Now, I've only had it for about 3 weeks now and I'm new to Whitewater Kayaking. My impressions of it so far:

Fit - incredible! (I'm 6'4' 250 lbs) The adjustable on the water foot brace system is outstanding. I have about 1-2 inches of spare room that I can let out when relaxing, and crank in when in Rapids. Could have used a bit longer back band, but I haven't had a problem with it. The hip pads are just right, didn't have to adjust them at all. On the Water- Paddles great, first WW boat I paddled that stays fairly straight (they all spin as soon as you take your paddle out on flatwater though). As for playing with this boat, with my real limited ability I've been able to stand it up on nose about at 45 degrees. And I also have no problem getting the stern under. But it also floats me incredibly well. I did roll for the first time in my very first Pool session. That was a huge relief, now I have to work on that roll.

Overall - A Great Boat (and one of the only) for those 230lbs and heavier wanting to get into the Play aspect of WW. If your lighter than that, this Boat will be more suited for Creek type and River Running. I Love it! Well done Wavesport!

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports