Product Reviews > Canoes > Langford Canoe Co. > Prospector 16 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Prospector 16 Canoe by Langford Canoe Co.

Rated: 8.14/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

04-07-2014
Submitted by: DW

I have been canoeing for 35 years, first as a guide at a summer camp. I have owned 2 Swifts (still have them) a Langford and a trusty old Scott Canoe. I have never owned a better canoe than the Langford Prospector 16.6. The canoe was lighter than they claimed, and has seen me through 3 years of paddling. Since retiring I spend the entire paddling season on the water (1500 to 1800 KM a year). Great service and the young chap that manages their Dwight location knows more about what he is selling than any other sales person I have dealt with. They should clone him!

03-12-2013
Submitted by: LbSend Email

I bought a prospector from the store in Dorset. Wanted keel protectors put on it. The woman couldn't give me a price or time it could be done. At one point I thought I was dealing with Bell Canada. So I drove up the the store, talked to the young man who managed the store, he gave me a price, got the work done....That week. I wonder how much business Langford has lost because of that woman.

Love the canoe, dealing with their office, not so much.

05-07-2010
Submitted by: WillSend Email

Great tripping canoe, but customer service sucks. Needed keel guards and some repairs after several seasons of wear. Quoted a price in October and left canoe at factory. Waited until Feb, so I called and was told no work had been done and the cost was three times the quote. HOW, WHY,... communicate with the customer!!! I picked it up un-repaired, and will never go there again. Pretty sad!!

09-17-2009
Submitted by: Bernard ShawSend Email

The summer of 2008 brought me two things: my new Kevlar Prospector 16.6, and what I feel was the extension of my life and my wife's. I think I quite literally owe my wife's life and my own to my new canoe. I was caught out on Superior (a stupid move on my part) in what went from a smooth as glass calm day to the most frightening paddle of (for) my life. My heavily laden canoe carrying at least 900 pounds or more stayed dry and upright in 8 foot rollers. We were able - by the grace of god and Langford's superior boat building skills - to put into shore after a 4 hour battle to survive.

07-22-2008
Submitted by: JDHSend Email

I purchased this canoe and picked it up on a Friday on my way to Algonquin. After just a day and a half in the water I noticed that the bottom of the canoe was bowing up between the fourth, fifth and six ribs in excess of an inch. I returned with the boat on the way home and expressed my concerns. I was told that I should expect that and that I had unrealistic expectations for the materials. The manager didn't even bother to put it in the water and see what I was talking about. He continued to belittle me and my fiancée and tell us that we should have bought a more expensive canoe. On the plus side he did refund my money. I doubt that we’ll ever buy or recommend a Langford canoe again. The customer service was dreadful... We would have accepted a replacement or even an upgrade but neither option was presented. The manager chose to be belligerent and arrogant telling us that we would never find a canoe anywhere that wouldn’t do that…

06-23-2008
Submitted by: EAGRANTSend Email

Had this Canoe for two Years. Purchased the Kevlar model with front and back enforced keel. Great for two but love it as a Solo with the Dog. Tested many before this purchase. 49 lbs

10-26-2001
Submitted by: SRiCH

I've paddled my Langford Prospector (Kevlar) for 2 full seasons. I love this boat. At 58 lbs it is easy to portage. It tracks well yet turns quickly. I have paddled it both solo an tandem. It has good initial stability and great secondary stability. I have paddled this on Large/Small lakes and rivers and stayed dry in large wave. My family have used this for trips up to 9 days. I would not hesitate to recommend this boat.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: