Our initial impression of the boat is very positive. We immediately felt comfortable sitting in the kayak because it is very roomy. We spent 3 1/2 hours straight the boat and didn't get sore at all. Not even a little. After a brief adjustment period, mainly to get our signals straight, we were easily in sync with our paddle strokes. We've paddled tandems before but it has been a while.
We like the roominess, and the storage capacity (you really can bring the kitchen sink!). I read that the boat was hard to turn and that the rudder didn't work. The rudder worked well for us and we found the boat easy to turn with or without the rudder. In fact, I didn't use the rudder most of the way back, even after the wind picked up. You can't turn it on a dime, but you could run circles around a fifty cent piece all day!
I particularly like the length of the boat, which allows the cockpits to be far enough apart that there isn't much spray from the front paddler. You can also paddle asynchronously, however, we found the boat to move better when we were in sync. It also tracks like an arrow, in sync or not. Rudder up or down, I didn't have to have my feet on the pegs at all. It held a line with hardly any effort.
There are a couple of minor things about the boat I don't like The largest of the minor issues is the boat speed. I figured it would be slow since it has a 32 inch beam. I mean, we don't plan on racing it, but I was very surprised how slow it actually was. Both of us together paddling leisurely were only averaging around 4 to 4.5 mph. My Tesla does that without much effort. Maybe we just need more practice. We did manage to get it up to 7.5 mph but we were paddling hard.
Next, I don't like that there isn't any drainage around either cockpit or around the front and rear hatches. The large center hatch does have drainage in the design. Also, there isn't any deck rigging in front of the rear cockpit. There are loops for rigging, but since the center hatch is so close to the rear cockpit, when you string it up, it crosses over the center hatch cover. Which means you'll have to move the rigging and anything you might have stowed there out of the way to open the hatch.
Also, there wasn't much rigging behind either cockpit. I added a couple loops behind the rear cockpit and rigged up an X. I also rearranged the rigging behind the front cockpit to form an X. The factory rigging was weak. I am going to rig up a glove box in rear cockpit and possibly add some deck rigging to the center hatch cover. That should solve the rigging problem.
Overall we are very pleased with the boat. More to come as we paddle it.