Product Reviews > Kayaks > Walden Kayaks > Vision Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Vision Kayak by Walden Kayaks

Rated: 8.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

06-13-2002

Have been paddling the Vision (my 1st kayak) for 3 years and still having fun. Very light weight, maneuverable, sturdy. Great storage space. Excellent final stability. I take it everywhere, from local ponds/lakes, up/down CT river, islands in L.I. Sound, Maine Islands in Penobscot Bay, and Virginia Barrier Islands with no worries.

05-23-2002

I am an advanced paddler, and normally would have no interest in a rec. kayak. Was demo-ing this one to sell for a friend, and was most pleasantly surprised. The smooth finish on the polyethylene makes the kayak glide through water like a composite, at a fraction of the price. The initial stability is very good, and secondary is even greater. The kayak tracked and maneuvered well, and so could be used effectively on flat water and up to class II moving water. My only dislike was for the pillar between my (large) feet, but the pillar did not hinder a wet exit so this was just a personal preference. I would not hesitate to recommend this as a first kayak to anyone.

10-01-2001

The Vision is built from totally recyclable HDPE plastic, and is light and very stable, yet turns easily and tracks well for its length. I bought mine in 1997 to introduce me to the sport of Kayaking when I first moved to Seattle. It did that very well, allowing me to explore sealife-filled rock gardens, travel to nearby islands, learn necessary boating skills, rescues and generally tour the coastlines from Bellingham to Tacoma. It never needed any modifications to fit well, in fact it felt comfortable at all times. I had memorable days in my Walden! I can heartily recommend this boat to anyone seeking the pleasures of simple kayaking along shores, lakes, lazy rivers, and short island hopping.